Pages

Advertisement

  • Da Doo-Dirty Show is Back & unleashed.....

    "SR Magazine Blog." Exclusive Interview.
    Words by: Eric J. Parker


    DJ Baker, Host of Da Doo Dirty Show.



    In this exclusive interview i sat down with the man behind the Velocity Magazine Award nominated radio show Da Doo-Dirty Show, Dj Baker. We discussed everything from the rise of the show, his views on the community, Tysexxy, and more.... Dj rants on how important the show has been and is to everyone. Delivered to you Monday thru Friday, blazing the best mixture of hip hop & R&B.


    SR: So how are you DJ?
    I Am Fine...thanks


    SR: What made you come up with
    the idea, of having your own radio show? And who is your inspiration?
    Well, I always wante
    d to do radio since I was young and did commercials. I loved speaking into the microphone and touching so many people. My inspirations is the tenacity of Wendy Williams... The Fun and Craziness Of Howard Stern, Hard Interviewing Edge of Travis Smiley, and the smart wit of Scott Shannon...


    SR: Do you feel that black LBGT artists, talents, & even the
    community isn't represented in the right light and if so, then what can we do to change it?
    Of course they are not represented, and on
    ly when we the LGBT artist, talents, and the community stand up and be counted will that condition ever change. If we could acknowledge our differences with in the community, accept them and now move on together to being recognized by the mass media in a more positive and comprehensive aspect.


    SR: Now your show has been at the top of it's game since it's debut 2 years ago, and j
    ust recently your show was nominated for a Velocity Magazine award. How does that feel & Who would you thank if you do win?
    To win would feel like a win, winning always feels good, and always
    motivates you to win again and again. To get better year after year. That's the challenge of the show for me, is getting the show to grow, keep it new yet strong in its roots. The people who have gotten the show here are many. Too many to really run off a list. But of course my better half Eric J Parker, my crew Soulgee, RaShawn, TyeSexy, Kimmy, DJ Mini Me and BBOP. There are more... but damn.. can't mention everyone.



    SR: I notice that your show it the go-to-show for all the
    drama in the community, unheard artist, and more but we don't hear enough Tysexy, when is she coming back? Is she going to have her own segment?


    TySexy will be back, and as the show grows so will she, we will all grow.




    SR: Name someone you would love to interview?
    Michael Jackson


    SR: Where do you see the show in the next 5 years?
    Where it is... on the Internet, but we would have expanded to TV and satellite radio. The show will be a brand... a place with the community and celebrity collide. A place for the community to meet the celebrity... and the celebrity meets the community.


    SR: What your goal with Da Doo Dirty Show & have you accomplished that?
    The goal is to create a family with Da Doo-Dirty Show... All the listeners look out for each other, the guest look out for other guest, we all know each other and have gotten to know each other... That's why I wanted the interviews to be more like conversation than interviews. I have started to accomplish that... but I have a long way to go... I see Da Doo-Dirty Show being around even after I die... with all new host and the show eve loving with new host and new listeners/family.


    SR: You have a very loyal fan base, i actually admire you for your hard work and dedication. What motivates you everyday to be so inspirational with the listeners?
    The importance of staying true to your word. Growing up not believing a thing any adult say... living in a world of empty promises, I vowed to myself to do better than that. To do what I say, and if I make a mistake to own up to it. Making a valiant effort to be a better man. If you have taken the time to listen to me and give me a chance then I can get my lazy ass up and do a show. Your work ethic is inclined to show people how serious you are about whatever you want to do with your life.


    SR: Now it's no rumor that you are openly HIV Positive and you speak publicly about your status which s very noble & the most humanitarian thing i ever known to date. But don't you feel a bit too open with your life on the line or is that what radio is for?
    I believe if you have a medium to express yourself then you should. I know that people are listening,then let me talk to you about what's up with me, I'm not the only one who is going through what I'm going through when it comes to HIV. What kind of person would I be if I didn't share who I really was. I can be proud to be black, I can be proud to be gay. I can be proud be DJ, but not proud to be HIV+? While my ignorance and carelessness lead me to becoming positive, that doesn't make me any better or worse than anyone else. That makes me human. We all have made mistakes, but it's what those mistakes lead us to from there. It lead me to being more conscious about my life, my life decisions, and the life of others. So in that case I feel I've learned, now that's what I'm looking to pass on to others when I talk about my status on the show. That we can learn from our mistakes and move on, go and do what we were put on this earth to do. LIVE!


    SR: Lastly, why do think that this election year is so important to you? & Do you think it's time for a change?
    This election is important this year more than any other not because Barack is black, but that the black man is Barack. Barack is exactly would I would have loved in a candidate if he was white, or even Latino, gay or otherwise. He is eloquent, clear, concise, and make just as much sense as any good politician can. I know he's a politician but sounding like one is fine, but I need to know I can trust you, I don't trust McCain. Not because he's white, or even republican, but because I don't trust McCain. Obama will win this election,



    For more info on Dj or Da Doo Dirty Show, log on to www.dadoodirtyshow.blogspot.com
    And for more information on the Velocity Magazine Awards log on to www.myspace.com/velocitymagazineawards
    SR Magazine Blog.

0 comments:

Leave a Reply

ABOUT US

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
The Socialite Report Magazine, established in 2008- A monthly updated online magazine entertaining your needs so YOU don't have to! -- Catering to the average New York City Socialite & beyond. Delivering you the hottest in music, fashion, entertainment, nightlife, politics + more!! -- Including all the latest & hottest artist spotlights, entertainment news, event & product reviews, happenings, weekly promos, & of course the daily drama/gossip heard from "word of mouth!" Featuring quarterly giveaways + exclusive deals!! -- With New ISSUES premiering EVERY Month! _________________________________________ The Socialite Report Magazine LLC -- Is a subsidiary division via NYC Socialites Media LLC (An independent full service marketing agency -- Located in Brooklyn, NY) | For more info log on to 'www.nycsocialitesmedia.net'

FEATURED VIDEO

PROMOTIONAL ADV

NYC Socialites Media on TWITTER!!

Sign Up Now + Stay Informed